Musings of a mini mexican

I am small, I am mighty, I am loved chosen and destined. I write not for anyone else to read really but to keep myself sane. Its how I process and in the process I have discovered I have a gift with words.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

For the days we fear the air we breathe

Vacant eyed children in grown up shells .
we express our rage in stereotypical motion.
All the while declaring no one understands my pain .
We are but children set afloat like so many Chinese Lanterns
Cast out on a sea of lost hopes and long abandoned dreams.
Some cannot handle the waves and succomb to the currant
While those few bright and brave ,
Those strong enough to withstand the storms and waves emerge from the squall brighter ,
More hopeful ,
Like the same wave that nearly extinguished them is now the very thing that presses them on,
That pushes them forward.
They have license to dream again ,
They say what doesnt kill you makes you stronger,
For these tempest tossed children ,
The ability to dream again is like breath to an asthmatic"

No comments:

Post a Comment