Musings of a mini mexican

I am small, I am mighty, I am loved chosen and destined. I write not for anyone else to read really but to keep myself sane. Its how I process and in the process I have discovered I have a gift with words.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

when I was 9 I wanted to be a whale trainer at seaworld.

When I was 9 I wanted to be a whale trainer at SeaWorld...
there was something strangely sexy about a life spend in a wetsuit swimming around in a pool of whale piss all day.

Then I wanted to be a documentary film producer and director.. I wanted to create films that would challenge and provoke and cause people to change world.

At one point I really wanted to change the world, to save every starving , puppy/orphan and homeless person.

I wanted to have my own cooking show on opb.. be just like caprial and john. because there’s something strangely sexy about a life spent arguing with your husband on public television.

I was sitting around and thinking about all the things I wanted to be.. and how for so very long the idea of having a house with a picket fence and 2.5 kids and a dog would make me crazy.

Maybe it makes me officially a grown up or maybe im just tired of chasing pipe dreams but the thing I want very most in the world is 2.5 kids and a dog..

Of course my house would have a big front porch. and at least one of my 2.5 kids would be multiethnic and hopefully adopted. and we would dash off on the weekends to do socially conscious things...
but what I want more than anything right now is to have someone to make dinner for.. to complain at about the price of steak or why I don’t want to be on the pta …because there’s something strangely sexy about a life spent arguing with your husband about taking out the trash….

No comments:

Post a Comment